Friday, September 26, 2008

Handbook Chapter 15, 16

Chapter 15 was refreshing. A lot of the problems had to with things that you catch when reading out loud, but the tricky mistakes were interesting. The lesson it gave on the proper uses of the conditional clauses were partially new to me. Combined with your lesson I learned the proper way of using the conditional. Not that I didn't use it correctly before, but its not something that was concretely ingrained in my head.

Chapter 16 was pretty boring, but the list of irregular verbs reminds me yet again that English has a frustrating amount of errors and qwerks. I was born in France, and moved to America when I was six years old. Sometimes English still feels foreign to me. Lie and Lay were actually problems for me, so it was nice to see their proper uses.

No comments: